Monday, September 20, 2004

I think we might have a little chatterbox on our hands! Kayleigh has figured out how to "talk" and she hasn't stopped since. We used our camera to take a short video of her talking, so I'll post it once I figure out how to. She makes the cutest faces when she's talking...so serious, like she's really trying to tell me something. I wonder what she is thinking during our little conversations. I do plan on teaching her some baby sign language so she can communicate more effectively what she needs.

Sunday went great! She went into the nursery without a hitch...of course she's not really caring much whose holding her right now. It was so nice to sit in church and be able to really listen to what Tim is saying. I have missed so much from the the sermons these past couple of months.

Time for some more shut-eye!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Kayleigh kept us in laughter Sat. night as she just talked, talked, talked! Her Abba couldn't believe what a chatter box she has become and she's only two months. She isn't only expressive with her face, but with her hands as well. I've started showing her the signs for mommy, daddy, grandfather and grandmother. I think she'll learn sign language quickly as she is so intent to watch my hands talk while I'm also using my voice. Hm, maybe she'll just think it's another way to communicate and do both at the same time, you know, doubling her chatter box talent. She must have inherited the gift of gab! Between her Aunt Samantha and her Ame, she'll have a run for it to see who gets first dibs to jabber. ;-)I can just see the three of together and the family around wanting to breath for us as we all talk a million miles and minute. One thing for sure, there won't be a boring, quiet moment around Kayleigh.

Sammi and William said...

A Chatty Kayleigh? I bet it's too cute!

-Sammi

Caroline said...

I can't wait for Mahna to start communicating. So how did you learn about baby sign language? Is there a book on it?

Kendra said...

Caroline,

There is a great series of videos called "Signing Time". I purchased mine at www.signingtime.com". I started out buying the first one and we loved them so much that I ended up buying the other two. That is how I learned the basics to use with my 21 month-old girls. They LOVE the videos. They were able to communicate with me before they could talk. That really cut down on their frustration level. Now, they are talking while they sign to me!

Kendra said...

Caroline,

There is a great series of videos called "Signing Time". I purchased mine at www.signingtime.com". I started out buying the first one and we loved them so much that I ended up buying the other two. That is how I learned the basics to use with my 21 month-old girls. They LOVE the videos. They were able to communicate with me before they could talk. That really cut down on their frustration level. Now, they are talking while they sign to me!