Thursday, April 26, 2007

Did you know there is gobs of FREE preschool material on the Internet! I could spend hours ( and to be honest I already have) searching all the websites out there. I have found so many awesome craft and lesson ideas for this next year. I think I am going to work toward about an hour to an hour and a half of "school" time after the summer. Of course this will be totally flexible depending on the mood of the children. Some days they will sit and pay attention and other days I'm lucky to get a five minute story in. I working hard at keeping the TV off for most of the day and getting them outside for at least 30 minutes. I love this weather....we can stay out all day if I want to.

Daddy, Papa, Uncle Mark and Cousin Jeff put together Kayleigh's new fort/swing set this weekend! She loves it and is already a pro at climbing the ladder and rock wall. So, now we have our very own park in the backyard. Although, I do still plan to visit the park down the street at least two or three times a week. That's my exercise!

Still working on school stuff. Only one more week and then the final. I'll be taking British Lit through TWU this summer. Hopefully I won't have problems finding time to read and write some papers. I found out TWU offers a General Studies degree online, so that's the route I'm going to get my Bachelor's. Still not sure what I want to do when I grow up, but at least this degree provides some options (Master's in Teaching or Library Science are two I have considered). I have a while before I'll return to the work force, so for now I'm just going to focus on the BA.

Well...I think I hear a child waking up!

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

You and me both! It's not just preschool stuff that there's a TON of. I've been wading through curriculum and samples and catalogs and free guides like crazy. I think I might have finally decided what I'm going to do for next fall with both of them, and if it works out, it's something we can use for lots more than just one year, which means I won't have to wade through curriculum every year. YIPEE!

A coulple of friends and I are going to be in Arlington on May 10-11 (or is it 11-12?) for the homeschool book fair (www.homeschoolbookfair.org). Maybe you could join us?

A lot of people will tell you to take it easy and skip the formal preschool instruction, and for the most part I agree. But I think if Kayleigh is showing signs of readiness for a little bit more than unstructured play, you should definitely go with that. I regret that I didn't go more formal with Samuel's preschooling when I felt the urge to (in the fall after he turned 3).

Justin and Michelle said...

I would love to go to the bookfair...unfortunately I have kiddos on Friday and a wedding at 4pm on Saturday. I suppose I could go in the morning, but I know once I get there I won't want to leave!

Kendra said...

Wow, you are a busy bee! I am impressed that you can be a full time mom & a student. Good for you! I have a bag of clothes for Kayleigh - if you are interested. Email me kkholder at verizon dot net and let me know.

Caroline said...

preschool at home! what a great idea. sorry i haven't written in forever.... bizy life with two kids and i have never caught up. thinking of you tho, and wanted to let u know.

Oh. And your kids are VERY cute.