Friday, September 21, 2007

Today is a slow day, finally! With school starting and childcare back to normal, I haven't found much time to blog. All my one-year olds have dropped morning naps and Kayleigh hasn't taken an afternoon nap for the last two weeks. I was hoping she would go back to taking her naps, but I don't see it happening. After about a week, I gave up trying to make her sleep and decided if she's going to be awake she might as well learn something; so, we started The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading on Tuesday. I was a little hesitant to start her at three, but she seems to be enjoying it. Next week I think I will try adding some math games to our "school" time.

Well, the video I put on for the kids is over and I have to go start lunch!

1 comment:

cookiehawk77 said...

I remember hitting a point with Julie where I decided I could teach her to read or she could teach herself. I figured I'd better head off the bad habits before they started. She was about 4-1/2 when I started "officially" teaching her. If she's ready, go for it! (The boys, on the other hand...)