Thursday, January 31, 2008

Another shameless advertisement....

I am selling some of my pre-fold cloth diapers and covers in the hopes I can raise enough capital to switch to Fuzzi Bunz for Mr. William. If you know anyone in the market please send them my way! Right now I have everything listed on Baby Cotton Bottoms Bargain Basement.

Ad Titles are:

"Huge lot of DSQ White Pre-folds"
"Bumkins Diaper Covers"
"Alexis Feather-lite Pull-Ons"
"6 Small Snugglebottoms"

Sadly, I have been using disposable full-time since September because prefolds were just too hard to use with 6 kiddos running around. Plus, they just don't make clothes that fit over bulky diapers anymore. I am feeling guilty about all the diapers I am putting in the trash!

6 comments:

Alicia said...

I'm thinking about using g-diapers. I just wish we had a Whole Foods closer to our area so I wouldn't have to buy them online or drive so far. I have a question, though. I'd like to say I want to use cloth diapers for environmental reasons, but I'd be lying. Really, I'm just cheap. Plus I'm very prone to allergies and have really sensitive skin, so I'm preparing for that in Hannah as well. So how much do you think you saved using cloth over disposable?

Justin and Michelle said...

Personally, I didn't save as much as I could have because I really wasn't sure of the kind of cloth diaper I wanted to use. Other people are much smarter at this than I...for instance I know a girl who spent about $200 on diapers for her daughter from birth through potty training. Lindsay Lee would be another person to talk to..she uses Fuzzi Bunz. If you are thinking about cloth diapering I would recommend ordering a sample package. These usually give you a pre-fold and fitted diaper, along with a few covers.

Some good sites are:

www.greenmountaindiapers.com
www.jardinediapers.com
www.diaperpin.com (very helpful reviews of products)

Justin and Michelle said...

Here's some numbers for you Alicia:

You'll probably end up spending around $2000-$3000 on disposables for each child, depending on which brand you use.

The most expensive diapering system (all-in-ones) will run you around $1,500-$2000. The cheapest system (pre-folds and covers) will run about $300 or so. The big savings comes in with the fact that you can reuse the cloth diapers on subsequent children; you just can't do that with disposables :)!

Justin and Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin and Michelle said...

Oh, and you can figure about $1.00 per load for laundering. I generally did a load every other day...so that's what about $180 a year, so about $550 total for three years. Sorry...I'm a numbers person.

Alicia said...

Awesome, Michelle. I'm a numbers person too. I really, really appreciate the info.