Friday, May 30, 2008

Eureka!!

I think I have found the trick to get Kayleigh to stop sucking her fingers! JellyBeans! I set a time frame, say 30 minutes, and if she doesn't suck fingers during that time frame, she gets a JellyBean. I also enroll her friends to tattle on her (I know, it's mean, oh well).

Something I am not looking forward to....taking the pacifier away from William. I should have listened to all the baby books that tell you take it away before 6 months of age. He is only allowed to have it if he is in bed, so it should be a little easier, but this is not going to be fun!

Something I am looking forward to.....my summer class, Literary Non-fiction. From glancing at the required books, this looks to be a pretty fun course!

Well, kids are climbing the walls...literally!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gracie will suck her thumb if she doesn't have her binky... What do I do with that? Do I let her have her binky longer than normal or do I just get rid of it and have a thumb sucker???
Marilee

Anonymous said...

thumbsucking has never killed anyone I would not stress about a three year old sucking her thumb. I also do not think rewarding with food is healthy