Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I love FREE YARN!!!!!!


There's been a drought in baby gifts for me to make, so I actually have had the time to finally work on some stuff for me and my kids! Yea! Of course, now it seems that everyone I know is preggo, so the drought is over.....a little jealous of all those round-bellied ladies!




This blanket was mostly made from scrap yarn my Granny gave me. The pattern is from Crochet Today Jan/Feb 2008, but instead of a using one color like the pattern suggests, I decided to randomly place different colored squares. I think it turned out rather nice!


Over the summer, my sister gave me two HUGE bags of yarn from her future grandma-in-law. When I finally had the chance to sort through it, I noticed I had quite a variety of blues and pinks......PERFECT! This is the boy's blanket; pattern is from Crochet Today Nov/Dec 2008. It looks like a lot of work, but I actually finished it in about a week and a half! I think he likes it!

I just started Kayleigh's PINK blanket, plus I have some baby gifts to get crackin' on, so more pictures will be coming.....as long as my wrist and hands don't give out!

If you ever find you have some yarn laying around collecting dust, my yarn closet always has room! Yes, that's right, I have a yarn CLOSET!

2 comments:

Brandon and Jenny said...

You are so gifted! I mean...the sweater/blanket set that you made BoyD is still in amazing shape (and new BabyK will get to use it as well) and the blanket that you made GirlM may be my favorite blanket that she has! I mean I really want to learn to do what you do.

Samantha Russell said...

YAY!! I'm so glad you were able to use some of that yarn. My future grandma-in-law will be happy to hear it was used by someone with an amazing talent!!!