Friday, April 09, 2010

Sleep...who needs it?

Oh, boy....this doesn't bode well


First off, I couldn't sleep last night and when I did, crazy dreams ensued. Then my alarm goes off at 5am, yes that's 5:00 AM, and I re-set it, only to remember I had set the timer on the coffee pot last night, so I might as well get up since there will be fresh coffee and, realistically another hour and 45 minutes won't make any difference in my overall feeling of tiredness. I get up at 5:00 AM so I have time to spend seeking the Lord and get my time on the elliptical in before the kids wake-up, but I don't think the elliptical is happening today. I'll do it later....maybe during rest-time...or maybe William and I will go for a walk or something.

Twenty minutes later I hear a door open and Kayleigh walks into the living room. Why in the world is this child up at 5:20 AM???!!!! I sent her back to bed, but I doubt she will fall back asleep and if she does it will be somewhere around 6:30 and then I will have to wake her back up at 7:00 to get ready for school. She just walked out again...it's now 6:14....I sent her back with a piece of bread and jam. Now she using the bathroom which will probably wake-up her brother....ugh! Don't these children understand that I drag my booty out of bed at some insanely early hour, so I can revel in the quietness???!!! Well, I don't hear boy yet, so maybe he slept through the slamming door and toilet flush.


New Topic---Totally unrelated!

I'm reading Julie and Julia by Julie Powell mostly because I loved the movie, although now I find myself wanting to cook everything with loads of butter; this is not exactly on the Zone Plan, and by "not exactly", I mean totally not. Julie and Julia is the kind of book that makes one want to write, or at least it makes me wish I could be witty and clever like Julie and come up with some project that all of America would be interested in. Julie Powell is not a believer and she is pretty candid about her views on faith...it's not her thing and she makes no apologies, nor is she diplomatic about it (Please forgive the lack of references, the book is in the kitchen and I don't feel like getting up). I kind of find this to be refreshing, though a little offensive at times. Yeah, I get that it is her right to not believe, but to minimize the importance of and poke fun at certain things, like the Word of God, for those of us who do? Not exactly necessary. But then again, if she isn't a believer, for her the Bible is just a collection of really old writings and so poking fun at it is okay. This reminds me that for the unbelieving in the world God's Word does not hold weight and is not enough to convince them of the truth. Now, I am not saying unbelievers are not held accountable to the God's Word, they are, but most do not accept this and quoting verse after verse in an effort to convict someone of its truth is kinda futile if they believe it is just a bunch of writings by men who lived a long, long time ago. Although, interestingly, some of those same people live by the laws of other books written by men a long, long time ago.


Well, it's now 6:50 and Kayleigh never did go back to sleep. She's sitting next to me reading---a chapter book of all things! I have spent the better part of this year trying to convince this girl to start reading chapter books and finally she is! Yea! Guess it had to be her decision...she is so my daughter!  Oh great...Kayleigh is yawning like crazy...this is going to be a long day for her :(

No comments: