Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Living Grace

In his Bible study manual, Living by the Book, Hendricks suggests writing verses in your own words for further cement their meaning into your brains.  This week I am studying and memorizing...

Galatians 2:20:
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Here's my version:

At the moment I placed my trust in Christ, I became a participant in His crucifixion with Him.  Therefore, I no longer strive for righteousness through my works, my puny efforts at pleasing God, but I accept the gift of righteousness offered by God through faith in His Son, Jesus Christ.  Yes, my flesh is still at work, I still sin, but I am able to rest in the grace of God.  I trust that the sacrifice Christ made, the sacrifice that demonstrated His great love for me, is enough. 

2 comments:

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

missing you here...

Kattie said...

Hi! I am stopping by from the MFW Blogroll and co-hosting the My Father's World Homeschool Highlights this school year with Monica @ DiscoverTheirGifts. This is where MFW families connect weekly, or as often as you like, to share what we are doing in our schools. The first one is September 8, the info is on my blog. I hope you join us!

Kattie
http://2ladybugsandalizard.blogspot.com/