Friday, August 29, 2003

Well today is my father's 50th birthday! Happy Birthday Dad!

Yesterday we had a meeting for Sunday School teachers and learned the verse for the month is Psalm 23:1 "The Lord is my Shepard, I shall not want." Such a profound little verse. The LORD, the God of Israel, and Creator of the Universe is MY shepard! What a comfort to know I am cared for and provided for by the One who knew me before I was even conceived.

While I was pondering this I began to realize that God already knows our children! He knows them inside and out and better than I ever will. He is already loving them, after all they are His creation! What a privilege it will be to nourish and guide a little creation of God! What an awesome respondsibility to plant the seeds of God's love in their hearts!

Thank you Lord for not leaving Justin and I to raise your children alone. Thank you for the example our parents have given us. Thank for their support, prayers, and wisdom. You have blessed us with a giant circle of protection and love and we are so very grateful! Thank you for already calling our children to you and drawing them close. Thank you for loving them so much you allowed your only child to die in their place. Thank you Lord that our children will have reason to hope in a world of darkness. You are an awesome God and we love you!

No comments: