Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Here's a little phrase from Ephesians I've been pondering for a while now: "the exceeding greatness of His (God's) power toward us who believe". The same power that raised Christ from the dead is living in me! It's there for the taking and all I have to do is ask for it.

What would a life completely dependent upon the power of God look like? What would my days be like living in God's power instead of my own? What would God do with my life if I gave it completely to him? The answer to these is....I have no idea! I want to find out though. Like Paul prays in Ephesians, I want to know in my heart the hope I have in Christ, the inheritance given to me through faith, and the "exceeding greatness of His power" towards me. How will I learn this? It's really simple, and yet so difficult to do. I must allow God the opportunity to show me...I must take myself out of my comfort zones where I know I can handle the things that come my way! I must take a leap and walk by faith, trusting the Lord will lead me in the right path. What will that mean? I'm not quite sure, but I have some hints. Lord, I'm here and listening for your direction. Here I am, send me!

So what about you? How is the "exceeding greatness of His power" working in your life?

Love

No comments: