Thursday, September 18, 2008

If you have ever wondered what it is that I do all day.......

  • 6:45 AM -- Drag myself out of bed
  • 7:00 AM-- My early-rising kids wake up
  • 7:05 AM-- Fix breakfast for the kids, usually oatmeal
  • 7:15 AM-- Gracie arrives and I sit her down to eat her breakfast. By this time my kids are finished with breakfast, so I clean up their dishes.
  • 7:20 AM-- Put tea kettle on for coffee
  • 7:30 AM-- Tre arrives and I fix his oatmeal
  • 7:40 AM --Realize I still have to pour the hot water from the tea kettle into the French Press!
  • 7:45 AM-- Finally get my coffee and am able to fix my breakfast ( I can't eat oatmeal--it's a texture thing)
  • 8:00 AM-- Clean up the kitchen, maybe empty out the dishwasher
  • 8:15 AM -- Emma and Abbi arrive (yep that's four extra kiddos, so really I have six kids most of the time!)
  • 8:15-8:55 AM-- Supervise free play with the kids ( I have two 4-year olds, a 3-year old, two 2-year olds and a 1-year old, so I have to really be on my toes, especially since William is still biting on occasion).
  • 8:55-9:10 AM--Morning snack time, then clean kitchen again
  • 9:15 AM--Put Abbi to bed for a short rest and head outside with the other kiddos.
  • 10:00 AM-- Come inside, wash hands, get Abbi out of bed and have Bible Story Time
  • 10:30 AM--Kiddos watch Clifford and I fix lunch
  • 11:00- 11:30 AM--Lunchtime, then clean kitchen yet again
  • 11:30 AM-12:00 PM--Supervise free play, change diapers, get beds ready. clean up toys in playroom
  • 12:00 PM--Put Abbi, William, and Gracie in bed for nap
  • 12:05-1:00 PM-- ABC Time, Math/Science Time with the preschoolers followed by Milly, Molly Mandy Time!
  • 1:00PM-- Tre is picked up and Emma lies down for nap
  • 1:05 - 1:25 PM--Handwriting and Reading with Kayleigh
  • 1:30 PM--Kayleigh lies down for rest
  • 1:30- 3:00 PM (if I'm lucky)-- Any combination of the following: Read, research, post on discussion board for class; look at weekly grocery ads and plan next weeks menu; prep for preschool lessons; crochet (very unlikely); take a nap (even less likely)
  • 3:00 PM--Usually everyone is awake from nap and it's snack time
  • 3:20 PM--Done with snack. Clean up dishes and kitchen for the fourth time!
  • 3:30 PM--If the weather is nice, head back outside for an hour or so, or until the kids get tired of it. Inside free play, if the weather is bad. I prefer going outside; staying in makes the kids go crazy!
  • 4:00PM-- Gracie is picked up.
  • 4:30 or 5:00PM--Come back inside, wash hands, and have a story time.
  • Between 5:15 and 6 PM--Emma and Abbi go home. Clean up toys in playroom. I start cooking dinner around 5:30 or so and put on a video if Justin is not home yet.
  • 6:00PM-- Eat dinner
  • 6:30 PM--Finish up dinner. On non-class nights for Justin, one of us gives the kids a bath, while the other, yep you guessed it, CLEANS THE KITCHEN! On class nights, Wednesday right now, I do it all.
  • 7:00PM-- Bed time story and bed time for William! Blow dry Kayleigh's hair. Bedtime story for Kayleigh
  • 7:30 PM--Kayleigh's bed time!
  • 7:30 -10:00 PM--School work if needed; shower; watch some TV (Wed and Thurs mostly); bonding time with Justin ; )

So, there it is...this is what I do! If you can find time for some exercise and house cleaning, let me know....I really need to work those in!

6 comments:

some chick said...

my first thought - i'm impressed you can function at all without coffee in your system.

second thought - you seriously think you need exercise after all that?

Anonymous said...

Justin's day

6:15 : wake up cheerfully
6:20 - 6:45/50 : drive to work
6:50 - 7:15 : eat breakfast at my desk (oatmeal) while doing email, reading blogs, reading cnn.com and other news
7:15 - 11:30 : work. meetings. project management. project development. technical assistance for coworkers on new language. some socializing
11:30 - 11:45 : eat lunch at my desk. I used to work out, but meeting culture knocked me off that wagon
12:30 - 5:30+ : more work. see 7:15 - 11:30.
whenever - 40 minutes later : get home.
6:15 - 6:45 (usually) : eat dinner, help clean up table.
6:45 - 6:50 : give kids bath (yup, 5 minutes, I'm task oriented like that).
6:50 - 7:30 : brush hair, brush teeth, pay bills whilst mommy reads stories, hugs for boy, throw girl in bed, hugs
7:30 - whenever: whatever.

Anonymous said...

wow what a schedule How is Kaylie doing with school?I see you do it befor naptime I KNOW yourschedule is crazy maybe somehow doing it earlier might help too if she is really tired

Justin and Michelle said...

Brooke,

Kayleigh is doing really good with her school time now. I think dropping all that stuff really helped A LOT! Last week I did try ABC time in the mornings, but having two 2-years old around was a little frustrating, so that's why I moved it to after lunch. Maybe as they get closer to 3-yrs that will change.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!
Gracie's Momma,
Marilee

Schweers' Mom said...

You are one amazing woman. Wow. I need a nap just reading your schedule. =-)