Friday, February 22, 2008

****Bragging Wife Alert****

I was thinking this morning that I brag about my children way more than I do about my husband. It's so easy to let the kids take the focus of my life simply because they have the bulk of my time and attention right now. Justin was around before they came along and will hopefully be with me much longer than they will., so I spent the morning thinking about all the reasons I am proud of him. I think when you live with someone day in and day out you tend to get focused on everything that drives you batty about them. Taking time to list what you admire about them really changes your perspective. So, in no particular order:
  • He is an amazing financial planner and we rarely have any debt; which in this society says a lot.
  • He cares about providing a stable present and future for me and the kiddos, and therefore, works hard at what he does.
  • The line of work he is in generally requires a college degree, but he's so intelligent that he can do it without one.
  • Just because he has a good job without having a degree, doesn't mean he isn't diligently working towards one.
  • Somehow he balances work, family, church, school and all his other responsibilities without going crazy.
  • He is supportive of my desire to stay home with the kiddos, even though me going to work would relieve some of the stress he feels about providing for us.
  • He is an awesome servant...if someone has a need and he can fill it, he's there. That's why he served as a preschool Sunday School coordinator for about two and a half years despite the fact that he really doesn't like small children (unless they belong to him, even then it's questionable).
  • I am not the easiest person to live with, but he is patient with me and doesn't let on that I annoy him too much.
There's more, but my mind is having a hard time putting them into words.

1 comment:

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

thank you for this blog
Justin...
my thoughts go back to his face in my doorway
what a precious sight!
He was learning how to be a good husband before he started dating! An honorable endeavor. He knew it would be the most important thing in his life - and it is. What is amazing about that reality is that He will get the benefit of his being a wonderful husband/father! How? By having a wife and children that love and honor him. So - sweetie - i'm thankful for reading this blog
praying for you all!